Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Our Family is Forever!

Baby Cale returned to our Father in heaven yesterday just before 7:00 in the morning. We had decided at 4 weeks old, we wanted to go to Primary Children's and check out what was going on inside of our little guy. Our appointment was on Tuesday at 10:00 - it went well, and surprisingly Cale didn't cry one bit for the echo. However, the cardiologist told us that things mostly looked the same with his heart, and that the right side was starting to wear down, and she thought he would be gone within a few days. This appointment, as hard as it was to hear, was really good to kind of prepare ourselves for what was coming. Even though we knew from the beginning that this would be the outcome, I had been in a little bit of denial, and had developed some hopes that something inside of him had changed, especially since we kept having such great days with him, and he seemed to be such a perfect normal baby. Looking back, I have realized what a huge blessing and miracle it was to have him in our family for so long, I really know and felt how much Cale loved us, and he wanted to stay with us for as long as possible so that we would have some really great memories to look back on for the rest of our lives. I am truly grateful to Heavenly Father for allowing him to stay for a whole month! I just really wish it had been a few hundred more. I have been taught a deeper way to love in the past few months, and I know many others have been changed by the life of my sweet baby Cale. I know that I will miss him so much, but I have a much greater appreciation and need of my temple covenants than ever before. I also have more anticipation and desire for the second coming! I cannot wait for that day to see my sweet precious baby again!
Here is a link to his obituary:
www.allenmortuaries.net

3 comments:

Shennie said...

I cried.
I'm so glad you were able to have family pictures and memories.
My prayers go out to you.

Paul and Jill said...

We love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to spend some precious moments with Celestial Cale.

My heart is with you and Carl along with my deepest respect.

Bret