Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ebleskivers



So, this is what an ebleskiver pan looks like. When you cook the ebleskivers, you heat the pan, and put in a little bit of crisco in each cup.
Here is the recipe:
Mix the following together
3 egg yolks
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 C. buttermilk
Add to the following mixture
2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
Then fold in last
3 egg whites whipped until stiff

Put a spoonful of batter into each cup, then cook on medium heat. The tricky part is turning them. We use a cake tester, or a hat pin works.

We usually top them with melted butter, and syrup or powdered sugar. They're really yummy. Our family even has an "Ebleskiver party" just before Christmas - we make up excuses to get together I think. I have had ebleskivers for as long as I can remember, the recipe comes from our Danish ancestors. Since I've been thinking about it, I'm going to have them for dinner tonight, yum!

5 comments:

bigtallhorses said...

What a great idea Lisa! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Happy happy birthday to you!

Summer's World said...

What the crap are ebilsckisms? How's Nibley?

Jacqui said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz said...

Yay! Thanks for that recipe Lisa! Now all I need is that special pan. It looks a lot like The Pancake Puffs pan. My son is obsessed with those.

Kellie said...

I love ebleskivers. So good! Megan and I have been craving them lately. Maybe that's what'll be on the menu for dinner tonight. . . .